Labour Alternative – It’s Time for a New Kind of Politics!
End austerity, make the fat cats pay
– Stop all Tory/Stormont austerity and public sector job losses
– Kick private sector vultures out of health, education and other public services
– Rebuild and restore our NHS
– Take profiteering firms which threaten mass redundancies into public ownership
– Tax the super-rich and use the wealth for the benefit of people and planet
Demand a future for young people
– Voting rights for 16 and 17-year-olds – it’s our future!
– Public investment to tackle youth unemployment, not handouts and tax cuts for big business
– For a genuinely integrated, free and fully funded education system
– Stop all cuts to youth centres and support services
Decent jobs with decent pay
– For a real living wage – £10/hour minimum wage with no youth exemptions
– Ban zero-hour contracts. Full employment rights for all agency staff.
– Trade union rights for all workers – Scrap anti-union laws!
Make the Stormont dinosaurs extinct
– Same-sex marriage equality now! End the ‘gay blood’ ban.
– Extend the 1967 Abortion Act to Northern Ireland – for a woman’s right to choose!
– Challenge rape culture and all forms of sexism
– Organise against racist attacks. Unite for jobs, homes and services for all
– End criminalisation of drug users – invest in addiction and support services instead
Moving beyond Green and Orange
– Unite Protestant and Catholic communities to fight for a better life for all
– For compromise, mutual respect and local agreements on contentious issues
– Resist the Green and Orange politicians’ attempts to divide us along sectarian lines
– Trade unions unite us in the workplaces – they should take action to unite us politically
– Unite with those in the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England engaged in the same fight for a better life
– Support for those fleeing conflict and oppression, not more bombs and bullets
– Scrap Trident – invest in socially useful jobs and services instead!
– For a democratic Europe run by and for the 99%, not the billionaires
Put our planet before profit
– Ban fracking immediately to safeguard our water supply and ecosystem
– Public investment for rapid transition to affordable, renewable energy
– Take meaningful action against corporate polluters
If you agree, join today. Email email@example.com